Washington State 85, Saint Louis 63
Monday, December 4, 2017 | 7 p.m. (PT)
Beasley Coliseum | Pullman, Washington
• Paige Rakers scored a career-high 14 points to lead Saint Louis in the Billikens’ 85-63 loss to Washington State Monday night at Beasley Coliseum.
• The Billikens slipped to 4-6. The Cougars improved to 5-4 with their fourth consecutive win.
• Washington State jumped out to a 9-1 lead. Saint Louis narrowed the margin to four points twice, but a 10-2 run put the Cougars on top 21-9.
• Baskets by Rakers and Jenny Vliet in the final minute made it a 21-13 game after one quarter.
• Washington State took a double-digit lead for good, 25-15, with 6:58 remaining. The Cougars led by as many as 16 points before settling for a 39-26 halftime advantage.
• The Billikens still were within 13 when Vliet drilled a 3-pointer at the 4:44 mark of the third quarter. But Washington State assembled a 15-4 spurt to go in front 65-41, and the Cougars remained in command the rest of the way.
• Rakers was 5-of-8 overall and 2-of-3 from 3-point range.
• Vliet scored 12 points and pulled down game highs of nine rebounds and four offensive rebounds.
• Aaliyah Covington (5-of-8 FG, 2-of-4 3-pointers) tallied 12 points.
• Tara Dusharm scored eight points and had career highs of eight rebounds and four blocks.
• Jackie Kemph collected eight points and a game-high four assists.
• Tasia Jeffries had three assists in five minutes of action.
WASHINGTON STATE LEADERS
Borislava Hristova, 21 points, six rebounds; Alexys Swedlund, 13 points; Chanelle Molina, 11 points; Louise Brown, nine points, seven rebounds.
The Billikens are in Columbia Friday, Dec. 8, to battle Missouri. Tip time is 7 p.m.