|High School:||Lift for Life Academy|
2017 • Sophomore | Game-by-Game Stats
• Saw playing time in nine matches (two starts).
• Tied for fourth on the Billikens with five points (2G, 1A).
• Scored at Tulsa and against Saint Joseph's – both victories for the Billikens.
• Assisted on Patrick Sarr's goal at Fordham, which helped SLU to a big A-10 victory.
2016 • Freshman | Game-by-Game Stats
• Appeared in 13 matches and made 11 starts.
• A-10 All-Rookie team selection.
• Twice earned A-10 Rookie of the Week honors (Oct. 10 and Oct. 17).
• Tied for second on the team with three goals – all of them game-winners.
• The three game-winning goals came in consecutive games – Dayton, Rhode Island and George Mason.
• Also recorded an assist in the win at Davidson.
• Received the Carl O. Bauer Award, which is presented annually by the Missouri Athletic Club to the top amateur sports figure in the St. Louis area.
• Came to the United States in 2014. Was born in Kenya and has lived in Somalia.
• Played for FC Dallas Academy in the 2014-15 season.
• Enrolled in Lift For Life Academy charter school in St. Louis and graduated in 2015.
• Won the East-African Award for Best Somali Athlete in 2012 and 2013.
• Leading scorer for Banadir Sports Club in Somalia in 2012.
• Youngest player in the Kenyan Premier League in 2013.
• Was part of the Kenya and Somalia National Team, including the Somali senior national team in 2012.
• The story on his journey to America was depicted in an article on SI.com and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. It is also the subject of a documentary, “Men in the Arena.”
• Says he chose Saint Louis University because he felt it is the right place for him and can change his life.