Saint Louis 2, Lindenwood 1
Aug. 21, 2016 | Maryland Heights, Mo. (Sportport)
Saint Louis wrapped up its exhibition season with a 2-1 win over Lindenwood at Sportport Aug. 21. The Billikens defeated the Lions 2-1 in regulation, then outscored them 2-1 in overtime. Both SLU and Lindenwood scored three goals in 10 rounds of one on one shootouts. Saint Louis concludes the exhibition season 2-0.
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
- Morgan Crowe opened the scoring in the game with a goal in the 29th minute. The corner was sent to the top of the circle where it was settled by Katie Moss and sent over to Crowe on the left side by Erica Bondoc.
- Fleur Maarse scored the deciding goal in regulation in the 54th minute. Caitlin Gibson fired a shot off a corner, which was deflected by Carly Kissinger. The Lindenwood keeper made the save, but Maarse corraled the rebound and ripped it past for the goal.
- In the 71st minute, Erica Bondoc sent a ball downfield to a streaking Molly Feid. Feid gathered the ball and made a 30-yard run to the cage, beating the keeper on the left side.
- The final goal of OT came in the 82nd minute when Feid sent a cross in from the right corner directly in front of the goal. A sprinting Morgan Crowe made a diving deflection to push the ball past the Lindenwood keeper on the left side.
- In the shootout, Morgan Crowe, Caitlin Gibson and Sophia Cheever all scored.
- Including the shootout goal, SLU's Morgan Crowe tallied a hat trick. She had eight shots, five on goal, in the game.
- Caitlin Gibson scored a goal and had an assist in the game. All three of her shots were on goal.
- Erica Bondoc led the game with two assists.
- The Billikens used a pair of keepers: Jessie Bryan and MeMe Dawson. Bryan played 35 minutes and five rounds of shootouts, tallying two saves and allowing a pair of goals. Dawson played 50 minutes and five rounds of shootouts, collecting five saves and allowing three goals.
The Billikens open the regular season on Aug. 27 in Farmville, Va. when they take on Miami (Ohio) at 12:30 p.m. CT.