Saint Louis 4
Missouri State 1
Maryland Heights, Mo. (Sportport)
Saint Louis field hockey picked up its first win of the season with a 4-1 victory over visiting Missouri State. It was the highest-scoring game for the Billikens since scoring four goals against Appalachian State on Oct. 10 of last season. The Billikens are now 1-4 on the year.
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
- The Billikens got on the board with a Sophia Cheever goal in the 26th minute. Carly Kissinger sent the penalty corner in to Hanna Smith, who sent the ball to the right post, where Cheever touched it just past the MSU keeper.
- The game-winner came from Alison Pinnock in the 37th minute. Kissinger served the corner, but Molly Feid gathered and passed to Maya Bentley, who flicked on to Pinnock who finished in front of the cage.
- Feid added a goal of her own in the 55th minute. Carli Wolfe sent a pass from midfield to a streaking Amanda Clark who got the ball at the top of the circle and sent it on to Feid. Feid collected and flicked it over the diving goalie.
- Bentley had the final goal of the game, finishing a Kissinger corner.
- The Billikens outshot the Bears 15-14 in thanks to a 10-shot second half.
- Saint Louis scored three goals in the second half, with all three of the Billikens' shots on goal finding the back of the net.
- Both Molly Feid and Maya Bentley scored a goal and had an assist in the contest.
- The win is first-year head coach Danielle Baumgardner's first career victory.
- Saint Louis goalie Jessie Bryan also gathered the first win of her career.
The Billikens open conference play with Massachusetts on Sept. 16 in Amherst, Mass.