Saint Louis 2
La Salle 3 (OT)
Friday, Oct. 14 | Maryland Heights, Mo. (Sportport)
Carly Kissinger and Jess Dunlap each scored a goal for Saint Louis in a 3-2 overtime loss to La Salle. MeMe Dawson played the entire contest in goal for the Billikens, recording seven saves in 71 minutes. The defeat drops SLU to 1-10 overall and 0-4 in Atlantic 10 contests.
- Carly Kissinger scored the first goal of the game in the eighth minute when Molly Feid sent the ball into the circle from the left side. Kissinger gathered in front of the cage, and finished off the keeper's mask, into the crossbar and across the goalline.
- Late in the second half, Jess Dunlap equalized the game with a goal in the 71st minute. Kissinger ripped a shot at the La Salle keeper and Dunlap corraled the rebound, finishing on the left side.
- Carly Kissinger tallied her fourth goal of the season, matching Molly Feid for the team lead.
- Kissinger also gained the team lead with her fourth assist of the season.
- MeMe Dawson faced two penalty strokes in the match and did not allow a goal.
The Billikens host Central Michigan on Sunday at Sportport.