Saint Louis 8
Notre Dame 6
Saturday, Feb. 18 | San Antonio, Texas
Saint Louis defeated the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame 8-6 to rise to 3-0 for the first time since 2002. Transfers Aaron Case, Carter Hanford and Nick Reeser powered the SLU offense. Case finished the game 3-for-5 with three runs score and an RBI. Hanford was 2-for-3 with a run and an RBI. Reeser went 2-for-5 with a run and an RBI.
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
Top 1 - Sniatynski grounds out to first, Case scores.
Top 1 - King walks, Reeser scores.
Top 1 - Mehlin walks, Morisano scores.
Top 2 - Morisano singles to left, Case scores.
Top 3 - Case singles to left center, King scores.
Top 5 - Reeser doubles down left field line, Case scores.
Top 6 - Mehlin singles to left center, Hanford scores.
Top 8 - Hanford doubles to right, Morisano scores.
• Saint Louis is 3-0 for the first time since 2002. That squad opened the season with a 7-0 streak.
• With a single in the second inning, Parker Sniatynski extended his hitting streak to 10 games.
• SLU transfers Aaron Case, Carter Hanford and Nick Reeser each had a double in the contest.
• Freshman DH Nick Mehlin led the Billikens with two RBIs in in the game.
• As a team, SLU drew eight walks in the game.
• Three games into the 2017 season, SLU has scored 38 runs on 47 hits and have hit 15 doubles.
• On the hill, Devin Mahoney got the win, throwing six innings, allowing six hits, five earned runs and two walks while striking out three.
• Ryan Lefner gets the save, after hurling 2.1 shutout innings with one hit and two strikeouts.
The Billikens will play the final game of the Alamo Irish Classic tomorrow at 11 a.m. in San Antonio.