Notre Dame 3
Saint Louis 8
Sunday, Feb. 19 | San Antonio, Texas (Nelson Wolff Stadium)
The Billikens rose to 4-0 with an 8-3 victory over Notre Dame in San Antonio, Texas. The win gave Saint Louis the tournament crown for the Alamo Irish Classic. Aaron Case paced the Billiken offense with a home run and four RBIs in the contest. Lefty Aaron Patton gets the win in relief, his first win as a Billiken.
WP - Aaron Patton (SLU) 3.2 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 3 BB, 3 K
LP - Michael Hearne (ND) 4.0 IP, 6 ER, 6 H, 2 BB, 3 K
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
B3 - Case homers down left field line. King and Mahoney score.
B4 - King singles to short. Hanford scores.
B4 - Case singles to left. Mahoney scores.
B4 - Sniatynski singles through left side. Case scores.
B5 - Dubet doubles to left center. King and Mahoney score.
• Aaron Case continued his hot start to the season, going 2-for-4 with four RBIs, a home run and a run scored.
• Case is now hitting .474 with a .947 slugging percentage and a .565 on-base percentage for SLU this season.
• James Morisano added a pair of hits, going 2-for-5 in the game.
• Devin Mahoney and Alex King each scored three runs in the game.
• As a team, the Billikens are hitting .363 with a .581 slugging percentage and a .455 on-base percentage this season.
• On the hill, freshman Josh Garner made his first collegiate start, allowing three runs in four innings while striking out three.
• Transfer Aaron Patton earned the win out of the bullpen, throwing 3.2 shutout innings.
The Billikens head to Santa Clara, California to take on Michigan, Santa Clara and Creighton next weekend, Feb. 24-26.