Saint Louis 1
Friday, Feb. 24 | Santa Clara, Calif.
Saint Louis was handed its first loss of the season with a 6-1 defeat to Michigan. The lone Billiken run came from a James Morisano home run. Sophomore Jackson Wark (1-1) was hit with the loss. Saint Louis falls to 4-1 this season.
WP – Oliver Jaskie (MICH) 6.0 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 6 K, 1 BB
LP – Jackson Wark (SLU) 3.0 IP, 6 R (5 ER), 3 H, 3 K, 5 BB
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
T7 – Morisano homers to left field.
- The game snapped Parker Sniatynski’s 11-game hit streak.
- Carter Hanford was 2-for-4 with a double, his fourth of the season.
- Alex King was 1-for-2 with a walk.
- Brett Shimanovsky entered the game in relief, recording two strikeouts in an inning pitched.
- It was the 69th appearance of Shimanovsky’s career. Only seven Billikens have made 70 career appearances.
- Freshman Charlie Sheehan made the first appearance of his career, throwing two scoreless innings while allowing only one hit and one strikeout.
The Billikens return to action tomorrow at 8 p.m. (CT) when they take on host school Santa Clara.