Saint Louis 7
Sunday, Feb. 26 | Santa Clara, Calif.
Saint Louis rises to 6-1 overall after a 7-3 win over Creighton in its final game of the Jack Gifford Memorial Tournament. Devin Mahoney (2-0) gets the win and Sean Frontzak (1) gets the three-inning save. Junior catcher James Morisano hit a grand slam in the fifth inning for his third HR of the year.
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
B5 - Case singles through right side. Hernandez scores
Reeser singles through right side. Dubet scores.
Morisano homers to left field. Reeser, Case, Sniatynski score.
B6 - King homers to left field.
- The Billikens hit multiple home runs in a game for the second time this season.
- James Morisano led the Billiken offense, going 3-for-4 with a grand slam.
- The hitters in front of Morisano excelled at getting on base with Aaron Case (2-4, one walk), Nick Reeser (1-3, 1 walk) and Parker Sniatynski (0-2, two walks) combining to go 3-for-9 with four walks.
- Trent Leimkuehler was 1-for-4 in the contest, hitting his fifth double of the season.
- In addition to hitting a home run, Alex King recorded six assists without an error in the game.
- On the mound, Devin Mahoney earned the win, walking one batter and striking out three in six innings of work.
- Sean Frontzak threw three innings in relief and did not allow a baserunner. He has allowed one hit in 6.1 IP of work this season.
Saint Louis travels to Stillwater, Oklahoma for a mid-week contest at Oklahoma State. First pitch is set for 4 p.m. on Wednesday.