Saint Louis 10
#14 Oklahoma State 7
Wednesday, March 1 | Stillwater, Oklahoma (Reynolds Stadium)
Saint Louis baseball picked up its first win over a ranked opponent since 2014 with a 10-7 victory over No. 14 Oklahoma State. The Billikens out-hit the Cowboys 18 to nine in the contest. Junior southpaw Aaron Patton (2-0) picked up the win and Ryan Lefner (2) earned the two-inning save. The victory gives SLU a 7-1 record this season, the program's best start since 2002.
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
Top 4 - Dubet singles to left. Hanford scores.
Case triples down left field line. Dubet and King score.
Morisano doubles down left field line. Reeser scores.
Top 5 - Case grounds out to second. King scores.
Top 6 - Mahoney doubles to left center. Hanford and Leimkuehler score.
Top 8 - King scores on throwing error.
- With a single in the first, James Morisano extended his team-best hitting streak to eight games (every game this season)
- Nick Reeser, hitting second, went 3-for-4 with a run and two RBIs
- Morisano also tallied three hits, two singles and a double.
- Shortstop Alex King was a home run shy of the cycle, going 3-for-5 with a double, a triple and three runs scored.
- As a team, the Billikens hit four doubles in the contest.
- It is the fifth time in eight games this season in which the Billikens have recorded double-digit hits.
- After the OSU contest, the Billikens have three hitters with batting averages over .400.
- Ryan Lefner earned the save, throwing two shutout innings. He has yet to allow a run over 5.1 IP.
Saint Louis opens the home slate with a three-game series against Fairleigh Dickinson this season. Game one is set for 3 p.m. on Friday.