Fairleigh Dickinson 0
Saint Louis 8
Saturday, March 4 | St. Louis, Mo. (Billiken Sports Center)
Saint Louis tallied its fifth consecutive win with a 8-0 shutout of Fairleigh Dickinson, SLU’s first shutout of the season. Sophomore Jackson Wark (2-1) earned the win, throwing 6.0 shutout innings with two hits, one walk and six strikeouts. Garrett Acton, Keith Kutzler and Brett Shimanovsky also threw in the shutout. Saint Louis rises to 9-1 overall this season.
WP – Jackson Wark (2-1) 6.0 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
LP – Lucas Frati (0-2) 4.0 IP, 5 H, 5 ER, 6 BB, 5 K
B1 – Hanford singles through left side. Case scores.
Mahoney walks. Reeser scores.
Sniatynski singles to right. Hanford and Morisano score.
B4 – Hanford grounds out to shortstop. Case scores.
B5 – Sniatynski lifts a sacrifice fly to center field. Leimkuehler scores.
B7 – Sniatynski singles to right center. Garella and Mehlin score.
- As a team, Saint Louis drew nine walks in the contest and now have drawn 65 walks in 10 games this season.
- Entering the game, Parker Sniatynski was hitless in his last three games. He led the offense today, going 3-for-3 with five RBIs.
- Trent Leimkuehler was 2-for-3 in the game with two doubles. He now has seven on the year.
- Aaron Case and James Morisano each walked in the first inning and have now reached safely in each game this season.
- Starting pitcher Jackson Wark was hammering the strike zone all day, notching six strikeouts and throwing first pitch strikes to 12 of the 21 batters he faced.
- The SLU bullpen arms of Garrett Acton, Keith Kutzler and Brett Shimanovsky threw an inning each and did not allow a hit over their three scoreless frames.
The Billikens wrap up the Fairleigh Dickinson series tomorrow with a noon first pitch. Senior lefty Devin Mahoney will start on the mound for SLU.