Northern Illinois 1
Saint Louis 8
Northern Illinois 5
Saint Louis 10
Friday, March 10 | St. Louis, Mo. (Billiken Sports Center)
Saint Louis extended its win streak to nine games with a pair of wins against visiting Northern Illinois. The Billikens captured game one 8-1 and battled to a 10-5 victory in game two. Miller Hogan (3-0) earned the win in the first game, while senior Brett Shimanovsky (1-0) got the W in game two. The wins bring SLU to 13-1 overall this season.
WP - Miller Hogan (3-0) 6.0 IP, 8 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
LP - William Anderson (0-4) 2.0 IP, 5 H, 5 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
WP - Brett Shimanovsky (1-0) 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
LP - Andrew Frankenreider (0-2), 1.1 IP, 2 H, 5 R (1ER), 2 BB, 2 K
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
B2 - King grounds out to short. Hanford scores.
Garella singles up the middle. Sniatynski and Leimkuehler score.
Case homers to left field. Garella also scores.
B6 - Case doubles to left center. Garella, Sniatynski and Leimkuehler score.
B2 - Sniatynski triples to right center. Case, Hernandez and Dubet score.
Morisano doubles down left field line. Sniatynski scores.
B6 - Hernandez reaches on error. King scores.
B7 - Sniatynski scores on wild pitch.
King reaches on error. Morisano scores.
Reeser singles down the left field line. Hanford and Leimkuehler score.
King scores on error.
- Parker Sniatynski led the Billiken offense going 3-for-7 with a double, a triple and three RBIs.
- James Morisano also was 3-for-7 with a pair of doubles.
- Trent Leimkuehler also went 3-for-7 with three runs scored, a double and two steals.
- Leimkuehler was 3-for-3 with a double in game one, his eighth doubles this year.
- In both games, Saint Louis was 7-8 in stolen bases.
- Aaron Case ripped a home run in the first game, his third round-tripper of the season.
- Case recorded a total of five RBIs in today's games.
- In the first game, Miller Hogan scattered eight hits, allowing one earned run. This year, he has an ERA of 0.75.
- In game two, Brett Shimanovsky recorded five strikeouts, one off of his career-best six recorded at Davidson on March 27, 2015.
- Tom Bushnell threw two shutout innings in game one, allowing one hit, walking one and striking out one.
- Aaron Patton threw three innings in the second game, allowing two hits and three strikeouts.
Saint Louis and Northern Illinois will conclude the three-game series on Sunday, March 12 at noon.