Saint Louis 4
Rhode Island 6
Saint Louis 0
Rhode Island 6
Sunday, April 2 | Kingston, Rhode Island
Saint Louis dropped both contest of a double header with Rhode Island. The losses drop SLU to 17-8 overall and 2-3 in Atlantic 10 Conference games. Ryan Lefner (0-2) was hit with the loss in game one, while Jackson Wark (4-2) took the defeat in game two.
WP – Jangols (4-0) 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
LP – Ryan Lefner (0-2) 2.0 IP, 2 H, 3 R (1 ER), 2 BB, 1 K
SV – Barss (6) 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
WP – Murphy (3-2) 7.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 5 K
LP – Jackson Wark (4-2) 1.2 IP, 3 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
T3 – Mahoney doubles to left center. Reeser and Case score.
Leimkuehler doubles down first base line. Mahoney scores.
T5 – Leimkuehler grounds out. Sniatynski scores.
- Alex King was 3-for-7 over the two games (.429 batting average).
- As a team, SLU hit four doubles over the two games.
- In game two, Ryan Hernandez entered as a pinch hitter. He hit the first pitch he saw for a single and proceeded to steal second. Hernandez is 2-for-2 in steal attempts this season.
- Freshman Josh Garner entered in relief in the second game, throwing well. The rookie hurled 5.1 shutout innings with three hits, no walks and six strikeouts. Rhode Island hit .167 against him.
- Miller Hogan earned the start in game one, striking out nine in six innings.
The Billikens start a busy week with a home contest against Eastern Illinois on Tuesday with first pitch set for 6 p.m.