Eastern Illinois 1
Saint Louis 12
Tuesday, April 4 | St. Louis, Mo. (Billikens Sports Center)
Saint Louis baseball defeated Eastern Illinois 12-1 at the Billiken Sports Center. It Is the fifth time this season the Billikens have scored 10 or more runs this season. Freshman Garrett Acton (1-0) gets his first collegiate win, throwing four scoreless innings with four hits, six strikeouts and no walks. The victory moves SLU up to 18-8 overall this season.
WP – Garrett Acton (1-0) 4.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 K
LP – Chase Thurston (1-1) 2.2 IP, 9 H, 5 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
B1 – Reeser grounds out. King scores.
B3 – Morisano homers to left field. Sniatynski also scores.
Mahoney homers to right field.
Dubet doubles down left field line. Leimkuehler scores.
B4 –Sniatynski singles to left. King scores
Morisano singles up the middle. Reeser scores.
Leimkuehler doubles to right center. Sniatynski scores.
Dubet walks. Mahoney scores.
Hernandez grounds out. Leimkuehler scores.
King singles through the left side. Mehlin scores.
B6 – Mehlin singles to right field. Leimkuehler scores.
- In the third inning, SLU scored four runs and tallied five hits with two outs.
- As part of the third inning, James Morisano and Devin Mahoney hit back-to-back home runs. It is the first time this season the Billikens have gone back-to-back and the fourth time SLU has hit multiple home runs in a game.
- Trent Leimkuehler was 3-for-5 in the game with a pair of doubles, three runs scored and an RBI. It is his fifth three-hit game this season and the fourth time this year he has hit multiple doubles in a game.
- Alex King also was 3-for-5 with a triple, two runs scored and an RBI.
- Mahoney was the third Billiken to go 3-for-5 and had a home run, a double, two runs scored and an RBI.
- On the mound, freshman Garrett Acton was strong, throwing four shutout innings with four hits, no walks and six strikeouts, a season-best for him.
- The Billikens used six pitchers in the contest, and the SLU staff combined to strike out 11 with only one walk issued.
The Billikens welcome conference foe Fordham for a three-game series at the Billiken Sports Center. Game one is set for Friday at 6 p.m.