Saint Louis 8
Friday, April 14 | Amherst, Mass. (Lorden Field)
Saint Louis defeated UMass 8-1 in Amherst, Mass. to rise to 21-10 overall and 5-4 in Atlantic 10 Conference games. Starting pitcher Miller Hogan threw six scoreless innings to earn his sixth win of the season. Trent Leimkuehler collected his 15th double of the season in the game.
WP - Miller Hogan (6-0) 6.0 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K
LP - Brooks Knapek (2-30 3.2 IP, 8 H, 6 R (4 ER), 2 BB, 0 K
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
T4 - Mahoney doubles to right center. Garella and Sniatynski score.
Leimkuehler singles up the middle. King and Mahoney score.
Case reaches on error. Leimkuehler scores.
Reeser singles through the left side. Case scores.
T5 - Dubet singles to right field. King and Leimkuehler score.
- Trent Leimkuehler hit his 15th double of the season in the fifth inning. He is tied for 16th on SLU's single season list. Andrew Guerra holds the SLU record with 21 doubles in 2008.
- Parker Sniatynski was 2-for-4 in the game with a run scored. He has had multiple hits in four of his last five games and is riding a six-game hitting streak.
- Devin Mahoney was 2-for-3 in the game with two RBIs, a double and a run scored. He is hitting .417 in A-10 games this year.
- Cole Dubet reached safely for the 12th consecutive game.
- As a team, SLU hit three doubles in the game.
- On the mound, Miller Hogan threw six shutout innings, scattering five hits and striking out four. He drops his season ERA to 1.24.
The Billikens go for the sweep at UMass tomorrow at 11 a.m. (CT).