Saint Louis 6
Tuesday, May 2 | St. Louis, Mo. (Billiken Sports Center)
Saint Louis outfielder Trent Leimkuehler hit his 17th double of the season in the bottom of the ninth to score the tying and game-winning runs against SEMO. The Billikens won the game 6-5. The win moves SLU to 25-16 overall.
WP - Charlie Sheehan (1-0) 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
LP - Robert Beltran (1-4) 1.1 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
B4 - Reeser scores on a wild pitch.
B5 - Hanford hits sacrifice fly to right field. Sniatynski scores.
Garella singles through right side. Reeser and Mahoney score.
B9 - Leimkuehler doubles to center field. Dubet and Hanford score.
- Trent Leimkeuhler hit his 17th double of the season to win the game. He is tied for seventh on SLU's single season doubles list.
- The walk off win was SLU's first walk off since March 16 of last year against Illinois State. The Billikens topped Illinois State 5-4 in 14 innings when Kyle Fletcher scored on a wild pitch.
- Leimkuehler finished the game 3-for-5.
- The Billiken 3-4-5 hitters of Nick Reeser, Carter Hanford and Jake Garella, respectively, each recorded two hits in the game. Reeser had a pair of runs scored, Hanford had a run scored and an RBI and Garella had two RBIs.
- Aaron Patton earned the start, throwing four innings, allowing one run on three hits with three strikeouts and no walks.
- In the seventh, Sean Frontzak entered with bases loaded and one out. He finished the game with 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB and 2 K.
- Charlie Sheehan entered in the ninth, throwing a shutout inning, including a strike out looking of SEMO's top hitter. It is Sheehan's first collegiate win.
The Billikens head to Davidson for a pivotal Atlantic 10 Conference matchup. Game one of the three-game series is set for 5 p.m. (CT) on Friday.