Saint Louis 8
Sunday, May 14 | St. Louis, Mo. (Billiken Sports Center)
The Billikens hit two home runs and drew eight walks en route to an 8-2 win over the visiting Richmond Spiders. The win moves SLU to 29-19 overall and 10-9 in A-10 games. Aaron Case and Nick Reeser paced the Billiken offense. Case was 3-for-4 with a double, a home run, two runs scored and an RBI. Reeser went 3-for-3 with two RBIs, a double and a run scored.
WP - Jackson Wark (5-4) 7.0 IP, 8 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
LP - Layne Looney (3-6) 2.2 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 4 BB, 5 K
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
B1 - Reeser doubles down the left field line. King and Case score.
B4 - King hits a home run to left field. Dubet also scores.
B5 - Dubet singles to right field, advances on error. Mahoney and Reeser score.
Hernandez hits a sacrifice fly to right field. Dubet scores.
Case hits a home run to left field.
- Aaron Case hit leadoff, going 3-for-4 with a double, a home run, two runs and an RBI. He has hit two home runs this week
- Nick Reeser went 3-for-3 with a double, two RBIs and a run scored. In four games this week, he is 7-for-12 (.583) with three doubles and a home run.
- Cole Dubet was 2-for-3 with two runs scored and an RBI. This week, he has a .583 average with a 1.083 slugging and a .667 on-base.
- On the mound, Jackson Wark threw seven innings, allowing only one run while striking out five and walking one.
- Josh Garner threw two innings in relief, striking out four, walking one and allowing one hit.
- As a team, SLU drew eight walks and two hit by pitch.
- Saint Louis is 10-9 in conference play, sixth in the Atlantic 10 Conference. The top seven teams advance to the Atlantic 10 Conference Championship on May 24-28.
The Billikens play their final midweek of the season on Tuesday against Southern Illinois in Marion, Ill.