Saint Louis 4
George Mason 3
Thursday, May 18 | Fairfax, Va. (Spuhler Field)
Senior Devin Mahoney came off the bench to hit two home runs for the Billikens and power SLU to a 4-3 win over George Mason. The Patriots brought the tying run to third in the bottom of the ninth, but closer Ryan Lefner got the strikeout for his 11th save of the season. Saint Louis rises to 31-19 overall and 11-9 in Atlantic 10 games.
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
T4 – King singles through the left side. Hanford and Leimkuehler score.
T7 – Mahoney homers to right field.
T9 – Mahoney homers to right field.
- Devin Mahoney hit two home runs for the second time in his career. The last time was April 1 of last year at home also against George Mason.
- Parker Sniatynski was 3-for-5 with a double, his 15th multi-hit performance this year.
- Trent Leimkuehler hit a single in the top of the fourth, extending his hit streak to 11 games.
- Miller Hogan tallied eight strikeouts en route to his eighth victory of the season. He is tied for the second-most wins by a Billiken in a single season.
- Ryan Lefner earned his 11th save, giving him sole possession of second on SLU's single season list. He trails only Travis Parker who recorded 12 saves in 2012.
Game two of the three-game series is set for tomorrow at 2 p.m.