Saint Louis 3, Vanderbilt 0
Sunday, August 20, 2017 | 1 p.m.
Robert R. Hermann Stadium | St. Louis, Missouri
- Olivia Petit scored two first-half goals to lead the Saint Louis women’s soccer team to a 3-0 victory over Vanderbilt Sunday afternoon at Robert R. Hermann Stadium.
- Evie Lavelle added a goal in the second half and Alyssa Seitzer tallied two assists for the Billikens, who improved to 2-0. Vanderbilt slipped to 1-1.
Olivia Petit (Alyssa Seitzer), 25:25, SLU 1-0; Olivia Petit (Courtney Reimer), 30:26, SLU 2-0; Evie Lavelle (Maddie Pokorny, Alyssa Seitzer), 52:08, SLU 3-0.
- The victory gave Saint Louis a third consecutive 2-0 overall start and a third straight 2-0 home start.
- SLU extended its home winning streak to 11 games and its home unbeaten streak to 12 games.
- Sunday’s win, coupled with Friday night’s 3-0 triumph over Miami (Ohio), gave the Billikens a shutout victory in each of their first two games for a fifth time in program history, and for the first time since 2003.
- Evie Lavelle fired a game-high four shots.
- Mary Niehaus went the distance in goal and made five saves for her 10th career shutout.
- Alli Klug and Molly Ream also played all 90 minutes.
- Olivia Petit has SLU’s early scoring lead with six points (3G), followed by Evie Lavelle with five points (2G, 1A) and Alyssa Seitzer with four points (1G, 2A).
SAINT LOUIS STARTERS
Mary Niehaus (G), Alli Klug (D), Molly Ream (D), Brionna Halverson (D), Isabella Palazzolo (D), Maddie Pokorny (M), Courtney Reimer (M), Alyssa Seitzer (M), Evie Lavelle (M), Olivia Petit (M), Lindsay Sands (F).
SAINT LOUIS SUBSTITUTES
Emma Farley, Lauren Tondl, Megan Nixon, Annabelle Copeland, Haley Cox, Julia Peterson.
The Billikens host Illinois State Friday, Aug. 25, at 5 p.m. It’s the first game of a doubleheader with the SLU men’s team, which opens the regular season vs. Syracuse at 7:30 p.m.