Saint Louis 0, #10 BYU 3 (25-12, 26-24, 25-20)
21 Ohio State 3, Saint Louis 1 (25-16, 23-25, 25-17, 25-13)
Friday, Aug. 25 | Provo, Utah
Saint Louis dropped a pair of matches to nationally-ranked opponents to open the 2017 season. The Billikens fell to #10 BYU in the afternoon and #21 Ohio State in the evening. Both matches were part of the BYU Invitational in Provo, Utah.
• Lauren Leverenz led all hitters with 13 kills in the match. She had only one error for a .750 attack percentage.
• Nenye Okoro also had double-digit kills with 11. She also tallied five digs.
• Mackenzie Long led the Billikens with 13 digs in the match.
• Camila Rivas corraled 31 assists as the Billiken setter.
• Okoro continued to thrive in the second match with a match-high 14 kills. She also had two assists, six digs and three blocks.
• Freshman Maya Taylor recorded 12 kills on 25 attempts with five errors in her first collegiate match (.280 attack percentage).
• Rivas had 34 assists against the Buckeyes.
• Long had a match-high 16 digs.
Saint Louis wraps up the BYU Invitational with a match against UTRGV.