Saint Louis 3, SIUE 0
Thursday, August 31, 2017 | 7 p.m.
Korte Stadium | Edwardsville, Illinois
• Megan Nixon’s first collegiate goal put Saint Louis on top late in the first half, and the Billikens went on to post a 3-0 win over SIUE Thursday night at Korte Stadium.
• With the victory, the Billikens (5-0) became the first Saint Louis women’s soccer team to begin a season by winning its first five games. SLU also has won its first two road games for the first time since 2008.
• Nixon’s goal came on a corner kick in the 43rd minute. Annabelle Copeland assisted, notching her first career point.
• Maddie Pokorny netted her team-high-tying third goal of the season and Lindsay Sands collected her first of the year early in the second half, giving SLU a commanding lead. Alyssa Seitzer recorded her team-high fourth assist on Pokorny’s goal, while Evie Lavelle assisted Sands.
• SIUE fell to 2-2.
Megan Nixon (Annabelle Copeland), 42:45, SLU 1-0; Maddie Pokorny (Alyssa Seitzer), 50:06, SLU 2-0; Lindsay Sands (Evie Lavelle), 54:50, SLU 3-0.
• Mary Niehaus made two saves to pick up her third shutout of the season and 12th career clean sheet.
• The Billikens out-shot the Cougars 17-7 overall and 9-2 in shots on goal.
• SLU earned nine corner kicks to SIUE’S three.
• Lindsay Sands and Megan Nixon fired a game-high four shots apiece.
• Niehaus and Alli Klug played all 90 minutes.
SAINT LOUIS STARTERS
Mary Niehaus (G), Alli Klug (D), Molly Ream (D), Brionna Halverson (D), Isabella Palazzolo (D), Maddie Pokorny (M), Courtney Reimer (M), Alyssa Seitzer (M), Evie Lavelle (M), Olivia Petit (M), Lindsay Sands (F).
SAINT LOUIS SUBSTITUTES
Jess Kopec, Emma Farley, Lauren Tondl, Megan Nixon, Sydney Walker, Elli Brunts, Annabelle Copeland, Karley Kucera, Haley Cox, Julia Peterson.
The Billikens hit the road again to face intrastate rival Missouri State Sunday, Sept. 3. Game time in Springfield is 1 p.m.