Saint Louis 3, Missouri State 0
Sunday, September 3, 2017 | 1 p.m.
Betty and Bobby Allison South Stadium | Springfield, Missouri
• Three different combinations produced goals for Saint Louis Sunday afternoon in the Billikens’ 3-0 victory over Missouri State at Betty and Bobby Allison South Stadium.
• Saint Louis improved to 6-0, extending the best start to a season in program history. In addition, the Billikens equaled the program mark, set by the 2005 team, for best road record (3-0) to begin a season.
• Missouri State slipped to 2-4.
Maddie Pokorny (Olivia Petit), 16:27, SLU 1-0; Megan Nixon (Alyssa Seitzer), 45:28, SLU 2-0; Haley Cox (Annabelle Copeland), 86:47, SLU 3-0.
• The Billikens became the first team in Saint Louis women’s soccer history to register five shutouts in the first six games of a season. Mary Niehaus made three saves and posted her 13th career clean sheet.
• SLU has outscored its first six opponents 16-2. The Bills have tallied three goals in five of their six contests.
• Saint Louis topped Missouri State 17-11 in total shots and 11-3 in shots on goal. The Billikens earned a 7-1 advantage in corner kicks.
• Maddie Pokorny’s goal was her team-high fourth of the season, while Alyssa Seitzer upped her team-leading assist total to five. Pokorny and Seitzer are tied for the team lead with nine points apiece.
• Megan Nixon netted her second goal of the year, and Haley Cox became the eighth Billiken to collect a goal this season with her first career marker.
• Annabelle Copeland recorded her second assist, while Olivia Petit turned in her first helper as a Billiken.
• Mary Niehaus and Alli Klug played all 90 minutes.
• Through six games, SLU already features 12 players with at least one goal or one assist.
SAINT LOUIS STARTERS
Mary Niehaus (G), Alli Klug (D), Molly Ream (D), Brionna Halverson (D), Isabella Palazzolo (D), Maddie Pokorny (M), Courtney Reimer (M), Alyssa Seitzer (M), Evie Lavelle (M), Olivia Petit (M), Lindsay Sands (F).
SAINT LOUIS SUBSTITUTES
Emma Farley, Lauren Tondl, Megan Nixon, Sydney Walker, Carli Bond, Annabelle Copeland, Karley Kucera, Haley Cox, Julia Peterson.
Saint Louis hosts Kansas Friday, Sept. 8, at 7 p.m. The SLU Department of Athletics invites all Billiken fans to come to Hermann Stadium to help set a collegiate women’s soccer single-game attendance record for the state of Missouri.