Saint Louis 1, Kansas 1 (2 OT)
Friday, September 8, 2017 | 7 p.m.
Robert R. Hermann Stadium | St. Louis, Missouri
• Annabelle Copeland scored her first collegiate goal in the 64th minute to tie the game, and Saint Louis went on to earn a 1-1 draw against 19th-ranked Kansas Friday night in front of a state of Missouri collegiate women’s soccer record crowd of 5,205 at Robert R. Hermann Stadium.
• Alyssa Seitzer collected her sixth assist, the most by an Atlantic 10 Conference player this season, for the Billikens (6-0-1), who extended their home unbeaten streak to 14 games.
• Mary Niehaus made a career-high eight saves, six of which came in the second half and first overtime.
• Kansas, which saw its five-game winning streak snapped, fell to 5-1-1.
Katie McClure (Eva Eliasdottir), 51:30, KU 1-0; Annabelle Copeland (Alyssa Seitzer), 63:43, tied 1-1.
• Saint Louis also held the previous record for the largest collegiate women’s soccer crowd in Missouri. Ironically, that mark of 2,768 was set against Kansas on Sept. 1, 2000.
• The Annabelle Copeland-Alyssa Seitzer pairing was the Billikens’ 14th different scoring combination on 15 assisted goals this season.
• SLU has outscored its first seven opponents 17-3.
• The Billikens joined nationally ranked Nebraska as the only teams to limit Kansas to fewer than two goals this season.
• Saint Louis earned a 12-5 advantage in corner kicks.
• Mary Niehaus, Alli Klug and Molly Ream played all 110 minutes. Courtney Reimer and Alyssa Seitzer logged 106 and 103 minutes, respectively.
SAINT LOUIS STARTERS
Mary Niehaus (G), Alli Klug (D), Molly Ream (D), Brionna Halverson (D), Isabella Palazzolo (D), Maddie Pokorny (M), Courtney Reimer (M), Alyssa Seitzer (M), Evie Lavelle (M), Olivia Petit (M), Lindsay Sands (F).
SAINT LOUIS SUBSTITUTES
Emma Farley, Lauren Tondl, Megan Nixon, Annabelle Copeland, Haley Cox, Julia Peterson.
Saint Louis plays at Evansville Friday, Sept. 15, with first whistle scheduled for 7 p.m.