Saint Louis 1, DePaul 3 (25-19, 13-25, 19-25, 27-29)
Friday, Sept. 15 | St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Pavilion)
The Billikens dropped a hard-fought four-set match to DePaul in the Billikens' first match of the Billiken Invitational. The defeat drops SLU to 1-10 overall this season.
• Freshman Maya Taylor led the Billiken offense with 17 kills in the match, leading all hitters.
• A trio of Billikens were efficient at the net with Nenye Okoro hitting .400, Taylor hitting .375 and Lauren Leverenz hitting .350.
• Freshman Kennedy Cordia had 39 assists in the match.
• Cordia added 13 digs for her first collegiate double-double.
• Maddie Oh returned to action after sustaining an injury last season to notch three aces.
• Leverenz tallied four blocks to lead the Billikens.
Saint Louis competes in day two of the Billiken Invitational with matches against Little Rock (Noon) and Louisiana Tech (7 p.m.)