Saint Louis 1, Murray State 0
Sunday, September 17, 2017 | 2 p.m.
Cutchin Field | Murray, Kentucky
• Annabelle Copeland found the back of the net in the 66th minute, and Saint Louis held off Murray State the rest of the way to earn a 1-0 victory Sunday afternoon at Cutchin Field.
• The Billikens improved to 8-0-1 and concluded the nonconference portion of their schedule undefeated for the first time in program history.
• Murray State of the Ohio Valley Conference suffered its first loss of the season and slipped to 6-1.
Annabelle Copeland (Emma Farley), 65:16, SLU 1-0.
• Saint Louis posted its third consecutive victory over Murray State, all shutouts. The Billikens defeated the Racers 1-0 for a second straight season.
• The shutout was SLU’s sixth this season and the fifth for Mary Niehaus (two saves). Niehaus has 14 career clean sheets.
• The Billikens handed Murray State its first shutout of the season and limited national shots-on-goal leader Harriet Withers (3.67 SOG/game) to two shots, neither of which was on frame.
• Annabelle Copeland’s goal was the second of the freshman’s collegiate career and second in the last three games.
• Emma Farley's assist was her first as a Billiken.
• Mary Niehaus moved into sole possession of third place on the Billikens’ career wins list. Niehaus has 22 career victories.
• After trailing 4-3 in total shots at halftime, Saint Louis out-shot Murray State 10-3 in the second half to finish with a 13-7 advantage. The Billikens registered a 6-2 edge in shots on goal for the game.
• Maddie Pokorny fired game highs of five shots and three shots on goal.
• Mary Niehaus, Alli Klug and Molly Ream played all 90 minutes.
• SLU outscored its nine nonconference opponents 21-4.
SAINT LOUIS STARTERS
Mary Niehaus (G), Alli Klug (D), Molly Ream (D), Brionna Halverson (D), Isabella Palazzolo (D), Maddie Pokorny (M), Courtney Reimer (M), Alyssa Seitzer (M), Evie Lavelle (M), Olivia Petit (M), Lindsay Sands (F).
SAINT LOUIS SUBSTITUTES
Jess Kopec, Emma Farley, Lauren Tondl, Megan Nixon, Annabelle Copeland, Haley Cox, Julia Peterson.
Saint Louis begins Atlantic 10 Conference play Thursday, Sept. 21, at home vs. St. Bonaventure. Game time at Robert R. Hermann Stadium is 7 p.m.