Saint Louis 3, La Salle 0 (25-23, 25-21, 25-15)
Friday, Sept. 29 | St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Pavilion)
• Lauren Leverenz, Maya Taylor and Camila Rivas combined for 27 of Saint Louis’ 34 kills, and the Billikens collected their first Atlantic 10 Conference win of the season, 3-0, over La Salle Friday night at Chaifetz Pavilion.
• SLU improved to 4-11 overall and 1-1 in the A-10. La Salle fell to 9-9, 0-3.
• La Salle led by as many as four points on four occasions, the last being a 19-15 advantage.
• Saint Louis closed the set with a 10-4 run.
• Leverenz and Taylor tallied six kills apiece, and the Bills turned in a .300 attack percentage.
• There were 15 ties, with the last deadlock occurring at 19-19. Saint Louis scored the next four points to take command.
• Leverenz and Rivas teamed up for three blocks, and six different Billikens recorded at least one kill.
• Following an 8-4 deficit, Saint Louis forged ties at 8-8, 11-11, 12-12 and 14-14.
• When the Billikens scored to pull even at 14, it triggered a 12-1 flurry that ended the set and the match.
• Leverenz had three kills and two blocks, Sien Gallop posted three service aces and five digs, and Kennedy Cordia chipped in two aces.
• The Billikens produced a .282 attack percentage.
• Leverenz swatted a match-high 11 kills and hit .389.
• Leverenz and Rivas tied for match-high honors with five blocks.
• Taylor contributed 10 kills.
• Rivas had six kills (.857 attack percentage) and a match-high 22 assists.
• Gallop finished with match highs of four service aces and nine digs.
The Billikens host Duquesne Sunday, Oct. 1. Match time at Chaifetz Pavilion is noon.