Saint Louis 3, Duquesne 2 (23-25, 25-18, 21-25, 25-17, 17-15)
Sunday, Oct. 1 | St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Pavilion)
• Maya Taylor and Sien Gallop registered 19 kills apiece to lead Saint Louis to a thrilling five-set victory over Duquesne Sunday. It was the second Atlantic 10 Conference victory in a row for the Billikens.
• SLU improved to 5-11 overall and 2-1 in the A-10. Duquesne dipped to 7-11 overall and 2-2 in the league.
• Mackenzie Long registered a match-high 20 digs.
• Gallop, the NCAA leader in service aces per set, added three more her tally and also finished with 15 digs.
• Taylor finished with 12 digs to complete the double-double.
• Kennedy Cordia posted 43 assists and added 14 digs.
• Duquesne went on top 13-8 before a SLU rally pulled them to within one late in the match.
• The Dukes clinched the set on a kill by Abbie Trzeciak.
• Lauren Leverenz had five kills (no errors) in the opening set.
• The Billikens never trailed in the second set.
• Gallop and Taylor paced the Billikens’ attack with four and five kills, respectively.
• Duquesne jumped out to a quick 4-0 and never trailed in the set.
• Saint Louis tied it up at 17-all, but the Dukes registered the next four points.
• Taylor had six kills in the set, while Juliana Phillips and Kennedy Cordia each recorded a service ace.
• Gallop, Phillips, Leverenz and Mackenzie Long all recorded service aces as the Billikens never trailed in the set.
• Leverenz and Gallop posted three kills apiece.
• In a back-and-forth fifth set, the Billikens clinched the win on a block by Phillips and Lauren Mershon.
• Gallop recorded another ace and had four kills for the Billikens.
The Billikens hit the road next weekend to face Rhode Island (Friday, Oct. 6) and Fordham (Saturday, Oct. 7) in A-10 play.