Saint Louis 1, George Washington 0
Sunday, October 8, 2017 | 11:30 a.m. CDT
GW Soccer Field | Washington, D.C.
• Alli Klug buried a header off a corner kick with 36 seconds left in regulation to give Saint Louis a 1-0 Atlantic 10 Conference victory over George Washington Sunday afternoon at GW Soccer Field.
• Courtney Reimer assisted on the goal, which allowed the Billikens to improve to 12-1-2 overall and 4-1-1 in the A-10.
• George Washington, which saw its winning streak halted at four, fell to 9-4-1, 4-2.
Alli Klug (Courtney Reimer), 89:24, SLU 1-0.
• Alli Klug’s goal was her third of the season – all coming in conference play – and the first game-winner of her career.
• Courtney Reimer tallied her fifth assist of the year, bringing her to within one of the team lead. Reimer has recorded an assist in two straight and three of the last five games.
• Mary Niehaus stopped all six George Washington shots on goal as SLU picked up its 10th shutout of the season. Niehaus has eight solo clean sheets.
• The Billikens earned an 8-3 advantage in corner kicks.
• Maddie Pokorny had game highs of four total shots and three shots on goal.
• Mary Niehaus, Alli Klug and Molly Ream played all 90 minutes.
SAINT LOUIS STARTERS
Mary Niehaus (G), Alli Klug (D), Molly Ream (D), Brionna Halverson (D), Isabella Palazzolo (D), Maddie Pokorny (M), Courtney Reimer (M), Alyssa Seitzer (M), Evie Lavelle (M), Olivia Petit (M), Emma Farley (F).
SAINT LOUIS SUBSTITUTES
Lauren Tondl, Megan Nixon, Carli Bond, Lindsay Sands, Annabelle Copeland, Haley Cox, Julia Peterson.
The Billikens hit the road again for a match vs. Rhode Island Thursday, Oct. 12. Kickoff is slated for 6 p.m. (CT).