Saint Louis 3, Richmond 0
Sunday, October 15, 2017 | 1 p.m. CDT
Robert R. Hermann Stadium | St. Louis, Missouri
• Olivia Petit tallied a goal and two assists and Courtney Reimer assisted twice as Saint Louis defeated Richmond 3-0 Sunday afternoon in an Atlantic 10 Conference women’s soccer game at Hermann Stadium.
• With their third straight win, the Billikens improved to 14-1-2 overall – the best 17-game record in program history – and 6-1-1 in the A-10. SLU moved ahead of Duquesne, which lost to Massachusetts Sunday, into second place in the conference behind 8-0 La Salle.
• Katie Shields collected her 50th victory as the Billikens’ head coach.
• Richmond, which fell to Saint Louis for a fourth straight time, slipped to 2-12-1, 2-5-1.
Evie Lavelle (Courtney Reimer, Olivia Petit), 16:12, SLU 1-0; Olivia Petit (Courtney Reimer), 19:00, SLU 2-0; Alyssa Seitzer (Olivia Petit), 47:22, SLU 3-0.
• Saint Louis is No. 37 in this week’s NCAA Ratings Percentage Index (RPI).
• The Billikens are unbeaten in their last 18 games at Hermann Stadium, dating to the final game of the 2015 season. That equals the program record set during the 2005 and 2006 seasons.
• Saint Louis is 28-5-4 since the beginning of last season.
• The shutout was SLU’s 12th of the season, just one shy of matching the program record of 13 shared by the 2003 and 2004 teams.
• Mary Niehaus picked up her 14th victory, tying the Billikens’ single-season record. Niehaus registered 14 wins a year ago, equaling Meghann Burke (1999) and Amanda Martin (2004).
• Olivia Petit’s goal was her team-leading eighth of the season. Petit has a team-high 20 points, tying her with Dee Guempel (2003) for fourth place on SLU’s single-season list for freshmen.
• Evie Lavelle knocked home her fourth goal of the year.
• Alyssa Seitzer notched her fifth goal of the season.
• With her two assists, Courtney Reimer took sole possession of the team lead with eight helpers. That ties her with Trisha Underberg (1997) for fourth place on Saint Louis’ single-season list for sophomores. Reimer has registered an assist in four straight and five of the last seven games.
• The Lavelle (Reimer/Petit) and Seitzer (Petit) goals gave the Billikens 23 different player combinations on 31 assisted goals this season.
• Saint Louis out-shot Richmond 29-7 overall (season-high 29 shots) and 11-2 in shots on goal. Fifteen different Billikens took at least one shot, while seven different players fired a shot on frame.
• SLU earned an 11-1 advantage in corner kicks.
SAINT LOUIS STARTERS
Mary Niehaus (G), Alli Klug (D), Molly Ream (D), Brionna Halverson (D), Isabella Palazzolo (D), Maddie Pokorny (M), Courtney Reimer (M), Alyssa Seitzer (M), Evie Lavelle (M), Olivia Petit (M), Lindsay Sands (F).
SAINT LOUIS SUBSTITUTES
Jess Kopec, Emma Farley, Lauren Tondl, Megan Nixon, Sydney Walker, Carli Bond, Elli Brunts, Olivia Silverman, Annabelle Copeland, Karley Kucera, Haley Cox, Julia Peterson.
Saint Louis plays its final regular-season home game Thursday, Oct. 19, against Massachusetts. Kickoff at Hermann Stadium is slated for 7 p.m.