Saint Louis 3, George Washington 0 (25-21, 25-23, 25-16)
Friday, Oct. 20 | St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Pavilion)
• Saint Louis used a balanced offensive attack to register a 25-21, 25-23, 25-16 Atlantic 10 Conference victory over George Washington Friday night at Chaifetz Pavilion.
• The Billikens improved to 8-12 overall and 5-2 in the A-10. George Washington slipped to 7-17, 3-5.
Saint Louis took a 9-4 lead with a 7-0 run, but George Washington answered with an 11-2 spurt to go on top 15-11. Back came the Billikens with a 10-2 surge for a 21-17 advantage, and the Colonials drew no closer than two points the rest of the set.
GW led by six points on three occasions, the last a 17-11 edge. After SLU’s 13-4 run put the Billikens in front 24-21, the Colonials fought off two set points before Saint Louis closed out the frame.
The Billikens never trailed but didn’t pull away until late. Leading 18-15, Saint Louis sprinted to the finish line with a 7-1 outburst. SLU hit .400 (11-3-20) in the set.
• Saint Louis held George Washington to a .060 hitting percentage.
• Four Billikens tallied between six and nine kills. Sien Gallop led the way with a match-high nine, followed by Lauren Leverenz and Maya Taylor with eight apiece and Juliana Phillips with six.
• Phillips hit a match-high .500 (6-1-10) and added three blocks.
• Gallop collected a match-high four service aces to go with seven digs.
• Mackenzie Long notched a match-high 10 digs, while Leverenz led all players with four blocks.
• Kennedy Cordia and Camila Rivas recorded 16 and 13 assists, respectively.
The Billikens host George Mason Sunday, Oct. 22, at 1 p.m.