Saint Louis 3, George Mason 0 (25-23, 25-10, 26-24)
Friday, Nov. 10 | Fairfax, Virginia (Recreation Athletic Complex)
• Lauren Leverenz tallied 12 kills and a .647 hitting percentage to lead Saint Louis to a 3-0 (25-23, 25-10, 26-24) Atlantic 10 Conference victory over George Mason Friday night.
• The Billikens improved to 12-14 overall and 9-4 in the A-10. George Mason fell to 6-20, 3-10.
• With its third consecutive win, Saint Louis clinched the No. 3 seed for next week’s A-10 Championship.
The 12th tie of the set was a 21-21 deadlock. A Mason service error and a Sien Gallop service ace gave SLU a two-point lead, and the Billikens held off the Patriots to take a 1-0 match lead.
Saint Louis led from the outset. A 5-0 run gave the Billikens an 8-2 cushion, and Mason drew no closer than five points the rest of the way.
The Patriots held a 13-10 advantage before the Billikens surged ahead with an 8-2 run. Mason saved three set points to forge a 24-24 tie, but SLU got a Kennedy Cordia kill and a Mason attack error to close the match.
• SLU held George Mason to a .080 hitting percentage.
• Leverenz had 12 kills and just one error on 17 attempts.
• Maya Taylor also had 12 kills.
• Lauren Mershon hit .353 (8-2-17).
• Cordia turned in match highs of 31 assists and 12 digs.
• Gallop and Mackenzie Long had 10 and nine digs, respectively.
The Billikens close the regular season Saturday night at George Washington. Match time is 6 p.m. (CT).