Game 1 – Louisiana Tech 5, Saint Louis 1
Game 2 – Saint Louis 10, Alcorn State 2 (6 innings)
Friday, February 23, 2018
• Saint Louis split two games on day one of the Louisiana Tech Invitational Friday, falling 5-1 to Louisiana Tech but rebounding for a 10-2 victory over Alcorn State.
• The Billikens are now 2-5 on the season.
GAME 1 – HOW IT HAPPENED
• Louisiana Tech produced all its offense in the first two frames, scoring twice in the first inning and three times in the second.
• SLU plated its only run in the second. Alyssa Chavez led off with a single, moved to second on Mackenzie Lawson’s sacrifice and scored on Megan LoBianco’s two-out single.
GAME 1 BILLIKEN NOTABLES
Chavez had two singles, and Kat Lane registered a single.
GAME 2 – HOW IT HAPPENED
• Saint Louis tallied a run in the top of the first inning. Sadie Wise led off with a double, advanced on Lauren Lomax’s sacrifice and scored on Allie Macfarlane’s single.
• In the second, the Billikens scored twice on a bunt single by Lomax.
• SLU broke it open in the third. Chavez and Kaylyn Breitbach recorded a double and single, respectively, and scored on singles by Kallen Loveless and Wise. Lomax notched an RBI with a bases-loaded walk, and the Bills added two runs on a pair of wild pitches.
• Alcorn State scored twice in the fourth, but the Billikens matched those runs in the sixth. Alyssa Tarquinio doubled and later scored on a wild pitch. Saint Louis scored its final run on another wild pitch.
GAME 2 BILLIKEN NOTABLES
• Loveless (1-1) went the distance in the circle. She notched a career-high nine strikeouts, allowed just four hits and did not walk a batter.
• Wise had three hits, including two doubles.
• Chavez and Tarquinio notched two hits apiece, and Lane picked up a single.
The Billikens continue play in the Louisiana Tech Invitational Saturday, taking on Massachusetts-Lowell at 11 a.m. and South Dakota at 3 p.m.