Game 1 – Massachusetts-Lowell 3, Saint Louis 2 (8 innings)
Game 2 – Saint Louis 6, South Dakota 0
Saturday, February 24, 2018
• Saint Louis dropped a heartbreaker but bounced back with a shutout victory Saturday on day two of the Louisiana Tech Invitational.
• The Billikens are now 3-6 on the season.
GAME 1 – HOW IT HAPPENED
• The Billikens grabbed a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the second inning on Mackenzie Lawson’s RBI single.
• UMass-Lowell tied it with a run in the sixth and took a 3-1 lead with two tallies in the eighth.
• Allie Macfarlane made it a one-run game with an RBI double in the bottom of the eighth, but Saint Louis could not push across the tying run.
GAME 1 BILLIKEN NOTABLES
• Kaylea Chappelle went the distance in the circle and also had two hits, including a double.
• Sadie Wise, Lauren Lomax and Alyssa Chavez had a single apiece.
• Lawson stole two bases.
GAME 2 – HOW IT HAPPENED
• SLU struck right away, plating two runs in the top of the first. Macfarlane doubled in the first tally, and Chavez made it 2-0 with a sacrifice fly.
• The Billikens broke it open with four runs in the sixth. With the bases loaded, Megan LoBianco was hit by a pitch and Lawson walked to boost the Saint Louis advantage to 4-0. Lomax and Kat Lane followed with RBI singles to increase the lead to 6-0.
GAME 2 BILLIKEN NOTABLES
• Maddie Baalman tossed a 5-hitter to collect her first victory of the season.
• Lane was 3-for-4.
• Wise, Chavez, Alyssa Tarquinio, Kaylyn Breitbach and LoBianco each notched a single.
The Billikens face Missouri State Sunday at 11 a.m. to conclude play in the Louisiana Tech Invitational.