Game 1 – Saint Louis 4, Northern Illinois 0
Game 2 – Saint Louis 5, Western Carolina 1
Friday, March 9, 2018
• Saint Louis did not allow an earned run Friday and picked up two victories, 4-0 over Northern Illinois and 5-1 over Western Carolina, on day one of the Eastern Kentucky University Invitational.
• The Billikens, who have won four in a row, evened their record at 8-8.
GAME 1 – HOW IT HAPPENED
• Saint Louis got off to a good start, scoring twice in the top of the first inning. With the bases loaded, Alyssa Tarquinio walked and Kaylyn Breitbach was hit by a pitch for a 2-0 Billiken lead.
• SLU doubled the advantage in the fourth. After the first two batters were retired, the Bills rallied and scored twice on back-to-back RBI singles by Lauren Lomax and Sadie Wise.
GAME 1 – BILLIKEN NOTABLES
• Baalman, who improved to 5-4 with a third consecutive victory, registered a career-high 10 strikeouts. She allowed only four hits.
• Wise had two hits.
• Tarquinio, Allie Macfarlane, Alyssa Chavez and Kat Lane notched a hit apiece.
GAME 2 – HOW IT HAPPENED
• SLU again plated two runs in the top of the first. Wise scored the first tally on an error, and Chavez made it 2-0 with an RBI single.
• Wise crossed the plate on a passed ball in the fifth to up the lead to 3-0.
• Tarquinio blasted her first home run of the season, a two-run shot, in the sixth to make it a 5-0 game.
• Western Carolina scored its only run, an unearned marker, in the seventh.
GAME 2 – BILLIKEN NOTABLES
• Kaylea Chappelle (2-3) went the distance in the circle. Chappelle struck out two and allowed seven hits and two walks.
• Lane had two hits.
• Wise (double) and Mackenzie Lawson picked up a hit apiece.
Saint Louis plays two more games in the EKU Invitational on Saturday, taking on Akron at 10 a.m. and Eastern Kentucky at 12:30 p.m. (Central times).