Game 1 – Saint Louis 11, St. Bonaventure 0 (5 innings)
Game 2 – Saint Louis 10, St. Bonaventure 1 (5 innings)
Friday, April 6, 2018
• Sadie Wise hit her 13th and 14th home runs to become Saint Louis’ single-season record holder, and the Billikens swept St. Bonaventure in an Atlantic 10 Conference doubleheader, 11-0 and 10-1, Friday afternoon in Dayton, Ohio.
• Wise’s 14 homers are one more than the previous school standard established by Mackenzie Peter in 2016. She drove in seven runs on the day.
• The sweep lifted SLU to 21-16 overall and 7-3 in the A-10. St. Bonaventure is 8-19, 1-7.
GAME 1 – HOW IT HAPPENED
• Saint Louis took command by plating seven runs in the bottom of the second inning. Kaylyn Breitbach began the scoring with an RBI single, and Mackenzie Lawson’s two-run double made it 3-0. Maria Connell drove in a run with a sacrifice fly, while the fifth run scored on Lauren Lomax’s ground ball. Wise completed the outburst with a rare two-RBI sacrifice fly for a 7-0 Billiken cushion.
• The Bills made it 8-0 in the third when Breitbach doubled with two outs and scored on an error.
• Wise launched her record-tying home run, a two-run blast, in the fourth. Allie Macfarlane followed with her fourth homer of the season to finish the Saint Louis scoring.
GAME 1 – BILLIKEN NOTABLES
• Maddie Baalman registered her 13th victory (13-10). Baalman struck out five and yielded three hits and three walks.
• Kat Lane doubled and singled, and Macfarlane added a single for a two-hit game.
• Kaylea Chappelle, Alyssa Tarquinio and Maria Balistreri contributed a single apiece. Balistreri’s hit was the first of her career.
GAME 2 – HOW IT HAPPENED
• Wise wasted no time claiming the home run record as she produced a two-run shot in the first inning to put Saint Louis on top.
• The Billikens tallied four times in the second. The first run scored on a wild pitch, and sacrifice flies by Connell and Lane chased home two more runs. Wise capped the inning with an RBI single.
• Connell drove in her second run of the game with a third-inning fielder’s choice, increasing the SLU lead to 7-0.
• Macfarlane put the finishing touch on the Billikens’ offensive onslaught with a three-run double in the fourth.
• St. Bonaventure scored its only run in the fifth.
GAME 2 – BILLIKEN NOTABLES
• Kaylea Chappelle (6-4) went the distance in the circle. Chappelle allowed five hits, did not issue a walk and struck out one.
• Breitbach had two hits, including a double.
• Lomax and Tarquinio collected two singles apiece.
The Billikens welcome 20th-ranked Arkansas to the Billiken Sports Center for a nonconference doubleheader Tuesday, April 10. The twinbill starts at 2 p.m.