Saint Louis 4, Oral Roberts 0
Friday, Sept. 7, 2018 | 7 p.m. CDT
Robert R. Hermann Stadium | St. Louis, Mo.
• Alyssa Seitzer and Olivia Petit combined for three goals and three assists to power Saint Louis past Oral Roberts 4-0 Friday night at a rainy Robert R. Hermann Stadium.
• The Billikens improved to 3-2-1, while Oral Roberts fell to 4-4.
• Seitzer netted two goals to give her a team-leading three on the season, and she added an assist. Petit scored her second goal of the year and registered two helpers.
• Hannah Friedrich tallied her second goal of the season for the Billikens, who outshot ORU 27-2.
Olivia Petit (Alyssa Seitzer), 17:13, SLU 1-0; Hannah Friedrich (Olivia Petit), 18:51, SLU 2-0; Alyssa Seitzer (Olivia Petit), 66:35, SLU 3-0; Alyssa Seitzer (unassisted), 70:10, SLU 4-0.
• This was the first meeting between Saint Louis and Oral Roberts.
• SLU improved to 18-1-4 in its last 23 games at Hermann Stadium, a stretch that dates to the final home game of the 2015 season.
• Saint Louis tied its season highs of four goals and three assists.
• The Billikens’ 27-2 shots advantage included a 12-0 edge in shots on goal.
• SLU earned an 8-1 advantage in corner kicks.
• Seitzer’s five points are a career high. She tied career bests for shots (eight), shots on goal (five) and goals (two). Her eight shots and five shots on frame are SLU’s season highs.
• Petit matched her career highs of four points and two assists.
• Eleven different Billikens took at least one shot, and seven fired at least one shot on goal.
• Alli Klug and Isabel Burke played all 90 minutes.
SAINT LOUIS STARTERS
Olivia Silverman (G), Alli Klug (D), Emma Farley (D), Olivia Petit (D), Isabella Palazzolo (D), Isabel Burke (D), Maddie Pokorny (M), Courtney Reimer (M), Hannah Friedrich (M), Alyssa Seitzer (F), Evie Lavelle (F).
SAINT LOUIS SUBSTITUTES
Jess Kopec, Kassie Newsom, Delaney Gunn, Lindsay Sands, Elli Brunts, Annabelle Copeland, Megan Crevoiserat, Haley Cox, Kasey Hartmann.
The Billikens host Missouri State Sunday, Sept. 9, at 1 p.m.