Fordham 10, Saint Louis 8
Sunday, April 14, 2019
Bronx, New York
Saint Louis rallied for eight runs over the last three innings, but the Billikens fell just short in a 10-8 Atlantic 10 Conference loss at Fordham Sunday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Fordham plated single runs in the first and second innings and led 8-0 following a six-run fourth.
• Saint Louis kept the game alive by scoring twice in the fifth on Sadie Wise’s two-run double.
• The Billikens made it 8-6 with four tallies in the sixth. Mackenzie Lawson drove in the first run with a groundout, Lauren Lomax (single) and Wise (double) had RBI hits, and Gabbie Kowalik produced a sacrifice fly.
• Fordham doubled its lead by scoring two runs in its half of the sixth.
• With two away in the seventh, Lomax came through with a two-run triple to make it 10-8 and bring the tying run to the plate. However, Fordham retired the next SLU batter to secure the win.
• Wise added a single for a three-hit game.
• Lomax and Kaylyn Breitbach (two doubles) collected three hits apiece.
• Kat Lane singled twice.
• Aubrey Hacke (double) and Alyssa Chavez each had a hit.
The Billikens play a nonconference doubleheader at Southeast Missouri State Wednesday, April 17, beginning at 4 p.m.