WOMEN’S SOCCER PREVIEW: Saint Louis at Rhode Island
WHEN: Thursday, Oct. 12, 2017 • 6 p.m. CDT
WHERE: URI Soccer Complex • Kingston, Rhode Island
RECORDS: SLU 12-1-2, 4-1-1 Atlantic 10; Rhode Island 3-11, 0-6 Atlantic 10
SLU-RHODE ISLAND SERIES: Saint Louis leads 9-2 and has won four straight
SLU-RHODE ISLAND LAST MEETING: at SLU 2, Rhode Island 1 (ot) (Oct. 2, 2016) RECAP
BILLIKENS’ LAST GAME: SLU 1, at George Washington 0 (Oct. 8) RECAP
RAMS’ LAST GAME: at St. Bonaventure 2, Rhode Island 0 (Oct. 8) RECAP
UP NEXT FOR THE BILLIKENS: Richmond • Sunday, Oct. 15 • 1 p.m. CDT • Hermann Stadium • Senior Day
LIVE VIDEO: A-10 Digital Network (unavailable on mobile devices; Adobe Flash settings for your browser must be enabled and updated, and updated specifically for atlantic10.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter difficulty.)
LIVE STATS: Presto
A LOOK AT THE BILLIKENS
• Saint Louis hits the road for a second consecutive game to clash with Rhode Island Thursday, Oct. 12.
• With four conference games remaining, SLU is in third place in the A-10 behind La Salle (6-0) and Duquesne (5-1).
• The Billikens lead the A-10 in shots on goal (8.67/game), total shots (17.20/game), goals against average (0.45), shutouts (10) and corner kicks (8.07/game). SLU is second in points (6.40/game), goals (2.27/game) and assists (1.87/game).
• Mary Niehaus stands atop the A-10 in GAA (0.48), save percentage (.868) and shutouts (eight).
• Maddie Pokorny (6G, 2A) leads the A-10 in shots (3.13/game) while ranking eighth in goals (0.40/game) and 10th in points (0.93/game).
• Alyssa Seitzer (4G, 6A) is second in the conference in game-winning goals (three), third in assists (0.40/game) and 10th in points (0.93/game).
• Olivia Petit (6G, 2A) is eighth in goals (0.40/game) and 10th in points (0.93/game) in the conference.
• Courtney Reimer (1G, 5A) and Evie Lavelle (3G, 5A) rank sixth in the A-10 in assists (0.33/game).
• In the national rankings, Saint Louis is third in corner kicks, 10th in winning percentage (.867), 11th in shutout percentage (.667), 12th in shots on goal, 14th in GAA, 15th in save percentage (.877), 28th in goals and 29th in total shots.
• Mary Niehaus is seventh in the nation in shutouts, 13th in GAA and 21st in save percentage.
• In a balanced SLU attack, 12 different players have scored at least one goal; 14 different Billikens have at least one goal or one assist; and 21 different player combinations have accounted for SLU’s 27 assisted goals. Click here for SLU’s complete statistics.
• Seven different Billikens have combined to earn eight A-10 weekly awards this season. SLU has had at least one honoree in all but two weeks, and at least two players have been recognized in each category – Offensive, Defensive and Rookie.
• The Billikens are 26-5-4 since the beginning of the 2016 season.
• Katie Shields owns a 48-34-9 record in her fifth season as head coach.
A LOOK AT THE RAMS
• Rhode Island, which was picked to finish 11th in the A-10, is coming off a 2-0 loss at St. Bonaventure last Sunday.
• Last season, the Rams went 6-8-5 overall and 3-4-3 (tied for eighth) in the conference. URI took top-seeded Saint Joseph’s to overtime in the A-10 Championship quarterfinals before falling 1-0.
• Rhode Island’s most significant win this season was a 1-0 victory at Vanderbilt, a team Saint Louis defeated 3-0.
• Senior forward Taylor Ross leads the Rams with three goals. Sophomore forward Allyson Reynolds, a 2016 A-10 All-Rookie selection, and junior forward Emily Wakeford have two goals apiece.
• Click here for Rhode Island's statistics and results.