ST. LOUIS – Numerous former Billiken men’s soccer players are active on professional rosters around the world. Below are some news and notes on recent happenings. To read more about all active Billikens in the professional ranks, click here.
- Three Billikens have signed or are close to signing contracts in Major League Soccer. Kingsley Bryce (Chicago Fire), Raymond Lee (Philadelphia Union) and Anthony Manning (Portland Timbers) will all be active on MLS clubs. SLU had more players sign MLS contracts than any other school in the country.
- Robert Kristo has officially signed with AC Spezia, which plays in Italy’s Serie B. It is unique for a player to sign with a club of that caliber straight out of college.
- Four former Billikens have signed with Saint Louis FC, the new USL Pro team that will play in St. Louis – Brandon Barklage, Mark Pais, Mike Roach and Chad Vandegriffe. Former Billiken Bill McDermott will broadcast the games on KTRS radio in St. Louis.
- Tim Ream, who continues to star for the Bolton Wanderers in England, is on the U.S. National Team roster that will play two road friendlies in Europe. The USMNT plays Denmark on March 25 and Switzerland on March 31.
- Adnan Gabeljic signed with the Sacramento Republic of the USL. Previously, Gabeljic was in camp with Sporting Kansas City, played for the Oklahoma City Energy (USL) and had a brief stint playing professionally in Croatia.