Saint Louis 3, Troy 0 (25-10, 25-19, 25-16)
September 12, 2015
Tuscaloosa, Ala. (Foster Auditorium)
Saint Louis head volleyball coach Kent Miller picked up his 200th career victory as the Billikens defeated Troy 3-0 in the conclusion of the Crimson-White Tournament. The win also sealed a tournament victory for the Billikens. Junior outside hitter Danielle Rygelski was named the tournament Most Valuable Player while senior right side Megan Gilbert and junior middle blocker Taylor Paulson also earned All-Tournament plaudits.
- The Billikens hit .524 as a team in the opening set, recording 12 kills with one error on 21 attacks to capture the first set 25-10.
- Danielle Rygelski and Megan Gilbert tallied four kills each in the second set to lead the Bills to a 25-19 win.
- Rygelski continued to excel in the third set, with nine kills as SLU completed the sweep 25-16.
- As a team, the Billikens hit .373 in the match. Entering the weekend, Troy was the NCAA leader in blocks.
- Rygelski recorded a double-double with team highs in both kills (16) and digs (11).
- Gilbert was a force at the net, notching nine kills on 16 attacks without an error (.562 attack percentage). She also had eight blocks (one solo, seven assists) in the match.
- Saint Louis out-blocked Troy 12-5. Troy was held to a .011 attack percentage.
The Billikens host UT Martin, USC Upstate, Arkansas-Pine Bluff and North Dakota in the Billiken Invitational on Sept. 18-19 in the Chaifetz Pavilion.