Missouri State 5, Saint Louis 4 (OT)
Senior goalie Tori Westhead stopped 16 shots as the Billikens fell to visiting Missouri State 5-4 in overtime. It is her third consecutive game of 15 or more saves. Saint Louis' tallied four goals, its highest offensive output of the season.
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
- Carly Kissinger opened the scoring off a penalty corner in the 31st minute. Morgan Crowe sent the ball to the top right of the circle and Kissinger finished it off the left post.
- Crowe gave SLU the lead in the 42nd minute on a penalty stroke. Both of her goals this season have come via penalty stroke.
- Molly Feid scored the third goal in the 62nd minute. She beat the defense to fire a shot at the MSU keeper, who made the save. Feid then collected her own rebound and pushed it into the cage.
- Maya Bentley scored her first goal of the season and tied the game in the 68th minute. Monica Ryan drew the MSU goalie off her line and flicked the ball over to a waiting Bentley, who finished in front of the cage.
- Westhead tallied 16 saves in the contest. She now has games of 18, 16 and 16 saves this season. Those totals are second and fifth, respectively in the NCAA this season.
- Saint Louis' four goals are the most for the Billikens since Sept. 28 of last season (4-3 win over Ball State).
- Monica Ryan prevented an MSU goal in the 58th minute with SLU's first defensive save of the season.
- Molly Feid led the team with four shots, all on goal. Both marks are season highs for SLU.
The Billikens host VCU at Soccer Park on Sept. 20 at 1 p.m. for the open of Atlantic 10 matches.