Saint Louis 3, UT Martin 0 (25-22, 28-26, 25-15)
Saint Louis 3, USC Upstate (25-18, 25-20, 25-21)
Saturday, Sept. 19 :: St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Pavilion)
Saint Louis senior setter Meredith Boe collected her 3,000th career assist as the Billikens captured the 2015 Billiken Invitational championship. Saint Louis swept UT Martin in its first match of the day and concluded the tournament with a sweep over USC Upstate. Libero Mackenzie Long and outside hitter Nenye Okoro were named to the All-Tournament team while Boe earned tournament MVP accolades.
Boe becomes the third Billiken to amass 3,000 career assists. Only Shelly Metzler (3,284) and Whitney Roth (5,463) have more career assists than Boe's 3,066.
With the wins, Saint Louis extends its winning streak to eight matches. The Billikens rise to 10-5 on the season.
UT MARTIN MATCH
- Nenye Okoro led all hitters with 15 kills.
- Nicole Sniffen was strong at the net, recording eight kills with a .500 attack percentage.
- Meredith Boe tallied 44 assists.
- Okoro had five kills in the opening set on 10 attempts without an error. Taylor Paulson had four kills on seven attempts as SLU hit .375 and captured the first set 25-22.
- Okoro had seven kills and seven digs in the second set to lead the Billikens to a 28-26 win.
- Lauren Leverenz entered the match in the third set and recorded five kills on five attempts. As a team, Saint Louis hit .481 to win the set 25-15.
USC UPSTATE MATCH
- The Billikens hit .347 while holding the Spartans to a .182 attack percentage.
- Megan Gilbert collected nine kills on 12 attempts with one error to hit .667.
- In the first set, Danielle Rygelski had a team-best four kills to lead the Billikens to a 25-18 win.
- In set two, Megan Gilbert and Nenye Okoro each had four kills as SLU won 25-20.
- Rygelski had four kills in the third to complete the sweep 25-21.
Saint Louis hosts in-state rival Missouri in Chaifetz Pavilion on Sept. 23 at 7 p.m.