Saint Louis 3, Fordham 0 (25-22, 25-13, 25-23)
Friday, October 30 :: Bronx, N.Y.
Saint Louis volleyball rose to 19-7 overall and 8-2 in Atlantic 10 matches with a sweep of Fordham Friday evening. In the match, senior setter Meredith Boe collected her 1,000th assist of the season.
- In the first set, Danielle Rygelski led SLU with three kills as the Billikens captured the opening set 25-22.
- Rygelski continued to thrive in the second set, recording seven kills with a .412 hitting percentage to lead SLU to a 25-13 win.
- Nenye Okoro tallied four kills in the final set as the Billikens completed the sweep, 25-23.
- Rygelski led all hitters with 13 kills in the contest.
- Lauren Leverenz had eight kills on 15 attempts for a .400 attack percentage.
- Meredith Boe had 29 assists in the match to rise to 1,003 on the season. She is the second Billiken to record three-consecutive 1,000-assist seasons.
- The Billikens are on pace to record 20 win for the second straight season. The last time the Bills had back-to-back 20-win seasons was 2008-09.
Saint Louis takes on Rhode Island tomorrow in Kingston, R.I. at 6 p.m. (CT).