Saint Louis 2, Dayton 3 (25-21, 20-25, 25-23, 20-25, 9-15)
Sunday, Nov. 20 | St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Pavilion)
Saint Louis senior Danielle Rygelski tallied a career-high 35 kills in the Atlantic 10 Conference championship, but the Billikens fell to the top-seeded Dayton Flyers in five sets. The 35-kill outburst gives her 88 kills for the tournament, an Atlantic 10 Championship record. Additionally, Rygelski now has exactly 2,000 career kills, the first Billiken to achieve the feat in the rally-scoring era. Saint Louis concludes the season with a 18-14 record.
- Nenye Okoro led the Billikens in the opening set, recording eight kills on nine attacks to pace SLU to a 25-21 win.
- In the second set, SLU hit .324 as a team, but Dayton hit .516 and won the set 25-20.
- Danielle Rygelski had 10 kills on 15 attacks without an error in the second set.
- Rygelski hammered home seven kills and Taylor Paulson had four kills on four attacks as the Billikens took the third 25-23.
- Dayton responded with a 25-20 win in the fourth despite nine kills in the set from Rygelski.
- The Flyers hit .471 in the final set to finish the Billiken season.
- Rygelski ends her senior season with an NCAA-record 715 kills. That is the most single-season kills in the 25-point rally scoring era.
- Rygelski also had 6.01 kills per set this season, only the second player in NCAA history to finish a season with more than 6.00 kills per set (25-point scoring era).
- She ends her career with 2,000 career kills, only the second Billiken to reach 2,000 career kills and the only to do so in the 25-point rally scoring era.
- Rygelski also had 10 digs in the contest, her 15th double-double of the season.
- Okoro also tallied a double-double with 15 kills and 14 digs, her second of the season.
- Senior setter Ashley Gagen recorded a career-best 53 assists in the match.
- Paulson had 10 kills and a .364 attack percentage.
- Paulson ends her career with a .296 attack percentage, tying Megan Gilbert for sixth all-time at SLU.