2016 AT&T Winter National Championships
Saint Louis Men - Fifth Overall
Nov. 30 - Dec. 3 | Atlanta, Georgia
Eastern Illinois Relays
Saint Louis 138 - Eastern Illinois 60
Saint Louis 146 - Maryville 22
Saint Louis 131 - Wabash 81
Saint Louis 154 - Eastern Illinois 56
Saint Louis 164 - Maryville 18
Saturday, Dec. 3 | Charleston, Illinois
The Saint Louis men's swimming and diving team finished fifth overall at the 2016 AT&T Winter National Championships in Atlanta. The Billikens finished behind champion Indiana, runner-up Minnesota and a pair of professional swim clubs. Additionally, the Billikens competed in the Eastern Illinois Relay Meet. At Eastern Illinois, the men's team went 3-0, while the women were 2-0.
- Saint Louis junior Ryan McCoy broke the Billiken 100-yard butterfly record with a time of 47.07, besting his own record of 48.47 by 1.4 seconds.
- McCoy also had the fastest 50-yard butterfly and 100-yard butterfly splits in school history.
- McCoy competed in the 500-yard freestyle, touching the wall at 4:29.72 and finishing 27th.
- The Billikens 800-yard freestyle relay team turned in a time of 6:37.64, finishing fifth.
- SLU's 200-yard medley relay ream came in at 1:30.98, finishing seventh.
- The men's 400-yard medley relay team set a season-best with a time of 3:18.43.
- At the Eastern Illinois Relay Meet, the Billikens won all but one event.
- SLU's men's team broke Eastern Illinois pool records in the 400-yard medley relay (3:29.25) and the women's team broke a pool record in the 200-yard freestyle relay (1:39.26)
- Individually, Mina Glenesk broke a pool record in the 500-yard freestyle with a time of 5:09.18 and Austin Nguyenphu broke the pool record in the 100-yard IM with a time of 53.90.
The Billikens head to winter training, but return to Simon Rec Center on Jan. 13 when they host Lindenwood-Belleville and Eastern Illinois at 5:30 p.m.