Fairleigh Dickinson 2
Saint Louis 5
Friday, March 3 | St. Louis, Mo. (Billiken Sports Center)
Saint Louis head coach Darin Hendrickson picked up his 300th win as the head coach at Saint Louis with a 5-2 victory over visiting Fairleigh Dickinson. The Billikens trailed for most of the game, but tied in the sixth and used a three-run eighth inning to power to the win. Tom Bushnell earned the win in relief as the Billikens rise to 8-1 overall.
WP – Tom Bushnell (1-0), 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
LP – Jake Sciarotta (0-2), 1.2 IP, 0 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
B4 – Hanford homers to left field.
B6 – Leimkuehler lifts sacrifice fly to right. Case scores.
B8 – Morisano singles through left side. Case scores.
Hanford doubles down right field line. Morisano scores.
Reeser singles down right field line. Hanford scores.
- Darin Hendrickson becomes the second coach in Saint Louis history with 300 wins as a Billiken. He trails Bob Hughes on SLU’s all-time win list (Hughes had 361 career wins in 19 years at SLU).
- Carter Hanford led the Billiken offense, going 2-for-3 with a double and a home run, two RBIs and two runs scored.
- Junior James Morisano was 1-for-3 with a run, an RBI and two stolen bases, his first two steals as a Billiken. Entering the series, he only had one stolen base attempt in his career.
- Junior Nick Reeser came off the bench in the contest, but delivered in his lone at bat, hitting an RBI single.
- The Billikens were out-hit for only the second time this season (SLU won both games).
- On the mound, Miller Hogan started, throwing seven innings with only one earned run, seven strikeouts and no walks.
- Tom Bushnell earned his first win as a Billiken, throwing 2.0 shutout innings out of the bullpen, striking out a pair.
The Billikens continue the series with Fairleigh Dickinson with game two tomorrow at 2 p.m. Sophomore Jackson Wark will get the start for SLU.