Your membership on a Saint Louis University athletic team mandates that you are responsible for the following NCAA, Atlantic 10 Conference and SLU policies and guidelines.
1. Attend all classes and complete all academic assignments.
2. Treat your professors/instructors with respect at all times.
3. Consult Billiken Student-Athlete Academic Support Services and your primary academic advisor on all academic advisement matters.
4. Attend tutoring sessions and study hall, and complete other academic responsibilities that are applicable to you.
5. Maintain a course load of at least 12 credit hours during both the fall and spring semesters.
a. It is highly recommended you enroll in 15 to 16 credit hours at the beginning of each semester. At no time during the semester may you drop below 12 hours. If you drop below 12 hours, you are immediately ineligible.
6. Accept responsibility for maintaining academic eligibility.
7. Familiarize yourself with NCAA and A-10 guidelines governing eligibility.
8. Make day-to-day progress toward your degree from Saint Louis University.
You must OFFICIALLY declare your major by the beginning of your fifth semester or third year in college. This includes transfer students. Follow up with your primary academic advisor, then submit the proper paperwork to the Registrar. If you have yet to fill out one of these forms, you have NOT OFFICIALLY declared your major.
Remember, as a student-athlete at Saint Louis University, you are among “the leaders and the best.” Saint Louis University has established a tradition of excellence in the academic community. In accordance with this tradition, all student-athletes are expected to represent the University in an honorable manner at all times. The Saint Louis University Department of Athletics wants you to be a first-class student, a first-class athlete and a first-class member of the St. Louis community.