Saint Louis 4
Saturday, April 15 | Amherst, Mass. (Lorden Field)
The Billikens led for most of the game, but surrendered two runs in the ninth to fall at UMass 5-4. The defeat drops SLU to 21-11 overall and 5-5 in Atlantic 10 games. Starting pitcher Jackson Wark threw five innings, recording six strikeouts. James Morisano led the Billiken offense going 2-for-4 with two runs, two RBIs and his seventh home run of the season.
WP - Mike Geannelis (3-4) 9.0 IP, 7 H, 4 R (3 ER), 2 BB, 6 K
LP - Ryan Lefner (0-3) 2.1 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
T2 - Dubet singles through the left side. Garella scores.
T3 - Morisano homers to left center. Sniatynski also scores.
T6 - Garella singles to right. Morisano scores.
- James Morisano hit his seventh home run of the season with a two-run blast to left center.
- Trent Leimkuehler also went 2-for-4 in the game, his 14th multi-hit game of the year.
- Cole Dubet reached base for the 13th consecutive game with a single in the second inning.
- Parker Sniatynski doubled in the third, extending his hitting streak to seven games.
- Jackson Wark struck out six in five innings of work. He now has 40 strikeouts in 40.2 IP this season.
- Today was the first time this season the Billikens have lost a game when leading after eight innings.
The Billikens host in-state rival Missouri State on Monday at the Billiken Sports Center. First pitch is slated for 6 p.m.