AMHERST, Mass. – The Saint Louis University men's track and field team secured its best finish ever in the A-10 Outdoor Track and Field Championship this weekend.
The Billikens' men's team finished fourth overall, its best ever showing, while registering a school-record 75 points. The women's team finished 10th.
Manuel de Backer recorded two runner-up finishes for Saint Louis. On Saturday, he placed second in the 10,000 meters with a time of 31:13.68. He followed that performance Sunday with a second-place finish in the 5,000, smashing his PR with a time of 14:16.10.
Hiob Gebisso finished second in the 1,500 meters with a time of 3:48.78, a PR.
In the high jump, Michael Reader was the runner-up after registering a leap of 1.97 meters. Ethan Erusha placed third overall with a mark of 1.92 meters.
Tannock Blair brought home a bronze medal in the 800 meters when he crossed the finish line in a PR of 1:52.86.
On the women's side, Ann Harlos was the runner-up in the 400-meter hurdles, turning in a time of 59.77.
Below are the scorers for the Billikens (finishers in the top eight of their respective events):
2. Manuel de Backer, 10,000 meters (31:13.68)
2. Manuel de Backer, 5,000 meters (14:16.10)
2. Hiob Gebisso, 1,500 meters (3:49.87)
2. Michael Reader, high jump (1.97m)
3. Tannock Blair, 800 meters (1:52.16)
3. Ethan Erusha, high jump (1.92m)
4. 4x400-meter relay (3:14.70)
5. 4x800-meter relay (7:37.38)
6. Tannock Blair, 1,500 meters (3:53.13)
6. 4x100-meter relay (43.31)
6. Ryan Noonan, 800 meters (1:54.32)
7. Matt Prest, 10,000 meters (31:28.56)
7. Jaryn Blackshear-Bryant, Decathlon (5,358 points)
8. Tom Malloy, discus (39.55m)
2. Ann Harlos, 400-meter hurdles (59.77)
4. Hannah Rohde, 800 meters (2:10.54)
5. Ann Harlos, 100-meter hurdles (14.57)
5. 4x800-meter relay (9:01.32)
8. Amanda Baker, Heptathlon (4,186)
8. Anna Schmitz, 10,000 meters (37:17.36)
8. 4x400-meter relay (3:52.38)