Saint Louis 6
Southern Illinois 4
Tuesday, May 16 | Marion, Ill. (Rent One Park)
Saint Louis earned its 30th win of the season with a 6-4 victory over SIU. It is the seventh 30-win season for head coach Darin Hendrickson and the ninth in SLU history. Additionally, Trent Leimkuehler hit his 20th double of the season, second on SLU's single season list. The Billikens are 30-19 overall this season.
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
T3 – Leimkuehler doubles down the right field line. Reeser, Case and Hernandez score.
T6 – Sniatynski homers to center field. Hernandez also scores.
T9 – King singles through the left side. Reeser scores.
- Trent Leimkuehler's double in the third was his 20th of the season. He becomes the second Billiken to ever record 20 doubles in a season. Leimkuehler is the first Billiken to do so with a BBCOR bat.
- Leimkuehler extended his team-leading hit streak to 10 games while Nick Reeser's on-base streak advanced to 15 games.
- Ryan Hernandez stole second in the sixth inning, his third steal of the season.
- Parker Sniatynski hit his fourth home run of the season with a two-run shot in the sixth. He finished 2-for-4 with a run and two RBIs.
- Atlantic 10 Player of the Week Cole Dubet was 2-for-5 in the game, his third multi-hit performance in his past five games.
- Garrett Acton was the first SLU arm out of the bullpen. The rookie threw 2.0 IP with four strikeouts and one walk.
- Charlie Sheehan threw two innings in relief without allowing an earned run. He has now thrown seven consecutive scoreless innings over his past five appearances.
Saint Louis wraps up the Atlantic 10 regular season with a three-game set at George Mason this weekend. Game one is set for 2 p.m. Thursday with Miller Hogan on the hill.